Thursday, January 26, 2012

The "Easy Child" on Feingold

Several people have asked if I am doing this diet with the whole family. The answer is yes and no. I also have a 3 year old son who is night and day different from my six year old. He is my happy go lucky, I am going to try to make you laugh kid. God put him in this house to lighten things up! He is my child who just yesterday put himself in "time out" because he did something I told him not to do. He still is no angel, though. So in answer to the question, by default, my 3 year old son is on the "no artifical stuff" diet only because I have replaced the usual snacks with additive-free ones. He doesn't like some of the same high salicylate fruits like grapes, oranges and strawberried, but I am not limiting other things high in salicylates for him. He has even cried because he wanted pear juice instead of apple juice when he saw that his brother got some. So I let him have some pear juice, all the while thinking to myself, "This is not twice as expensive, this is not twice as expensive." So, while he is not officially on the diet, but naturally has been eating some of the same food as his brother. My husband and I are not on the diet either, but we also don't eat m&ms in front of our kids. I save my non-Feingold snacks for when he is at school or in bed.  Again, "naturally" we are getting fewer additives and saliclylates because of what I am making and buying. And we've both indulged in the homemade bread over the store-bought bread that I purchased for us. Many families say that the whole family saw benefits from being on the diet. We will see if thesw little changes make an difference. Stay tuned. Tomorrow is Day 7....evaluation day.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to read about evaluation day! :) I'm sure you are all benefitting greatly from getting the additives out of your diet... I can't wait to read more! Are you still buying the pear juice in the 'baby section'? you might be able to get larger quantities of it at Honest Weight or Green Grocer.... I haven't priced it out though.

    ReplyDelete